Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by George Kirkham <gk...@co2crc.com.au> on 2012/06/07 03:45:18 UTC

RE: Red5 server is closing automatically - revision 1347119

Mukesh,

This morning (my time, GMT +10), I did a "svn update" and then compiled
the source and installed the newly built OpenMeetings.

When I ran http://mydomain.com:5080/openmeetings/install all worked as
expected.

Please let me know if you are unable to get your OpenMeetings server to
run.

If you cannot get your upgraded OpenMeetings server to start, can you
please tell me how you go about upgrading your OpenMeetings server ?
That is explain each of the steps.

My usual method is to;

1)      Stop my current OpenMeeting server "/etc/init.d/red5 stop"

2)      From my /usr/lib/red5 directly, run ./admin.sh -b -file
/usr/adm/backup_om.zip > /usr/adm/om_bkup.log 2>&1

3)      Delete the old /usr/lib/red5 folder and is subfolders

4)      Log into mysql and drop the openmeetings database, then recreate
the database and apply the OpenMeetings user permissions

5)      Download or build the latest available version of OpenMeetings
and then copy into /usr/lib/red5

6)      Modify the new version of OpenMeetings to use my OpenMeetings
MySQL database.

7)      Make other changes to OpenMeetings configuration like:

sed -i 's/0x666666/0x000000/g'
/usr/lib/red5/webapps/openmeetings/default-theme.xml

sed -i 's/0xBBBBBB/0x000000/g'
/usr/lib/red5/webapps/openmeetings/default-theme.xml

sed -i 's/Apache OpenMeetings \[Incubating\]/OpenMeetings
2\.0\.r1347119/g' /usr/lib/red5/webapps/openmeetings/config.xml

sed -i 's/loudnessAcitviation>0</loudnessAcitviation>20</g'
/usr/lib/red5/webapps/openmeetings/config.xml

8)      Restore my previous server's settings. Change into the
/usr/lib/red5 folder and run ./admin.sh -i -file /usr/adm/backup_om.zip
> /usr/adm/om_inst.log 2>&1

9)      Start OpenMeeings server "/etc/init.d/red5 start"

10)   Then use a web browser to go to
"http://mydomain.com:5080/openmeetings"

Thanks,

George Kirkham