Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by James Turton <dz...@apache.org> on 2022/02/05 09:11:45 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Drill 1.20.0 - RC0

Hi all

---- Note from the release manager.

The normal RC announcement follows below but please take note that while
you should test and try this Hadoop 3-based RC 0 of Drill 1.20.0, there
is likely to be another RC which ships both Hadoop 2 and Hadoop 3 builds
as soon as I have got some advice on the best was to incorporate this in
our release process.  However, that RC will be based on exactly the same
commit as this one is (assuming no issues are found), so please do test
this one every bit as much as you would have.

----- Thank, James

I'd like to propose the first release candidate (RC0) of Apache Drill,
version 1.20.0.

The release candidate covers a total of 105 resolved JIRAs [1]. Thanks
to everyone who contributed to this release.

The tarball artifacts are hosted at [2] and the maven artifacts are
hosted at [3].

This release candidate is based on commit
556b972560911c20691d5b5de6c656d22c59ce0b located at [4].

Please download and try out the release.

The vote ends at 2022-02-08 10:00 UTC ≅ 3×24 hours after the timestamp
on this email.

[ ] +1
[ ] +0
[ ] -1

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12350301&projectId=12313820
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/drill/drill-1.20.0/
[3] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedrill-1087/
[4] https://github.com/jnturton/drill/commits/drill-1.20.0

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Drill 1.20.0 - RC0

Posted by James Turton <dz...@apache.org>.
Thanks everyone for the quick turn around of fix and review on this,
which fortunately amounted to a single missing @JsonIgnore annotation.
I'll prepare RC 1 in the coming hours.

Posted by James Turton <dz...@apache.org>.

Posted by Charles Givre <cg...@gmail.com>.
Hello all,

Posted by Charles Givre <cg...@gmail.com>.
Hello all,

AW: [VOTE] Release Apache Drill 1.20.0 - RC0

Posted by Z0ltrix <z0...@pm.me.INVALID>.
+1 for release.

Posted by luoc <lu...@apache.org>.
+1

1. Download and extract the tarballs, start and gracefully stop (based on distributed) Drillbit, submit a built-in sample query, and check the UI and profile.

2. Check the log output for start, query, and stop.

3. Add several actual mysql queries, phoenix queries, and federated queries.

select a.n_name, b.r_name from phoenix123.test.nation a join mysql57.test.region b on a.n_regionkey = b.r_regionkey where b.r_name = 'VALUE';

Posted by luoc <lu...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by James Turton <dz...@apache.org>.

Posted by James Turton <dz...@apache.org>.

Posted by Z0ltrix <z0...@pm.me.INVALID>.
+1 for release.

Posted by Jingchuan Hu <ji...@u.northwestern.edu>.
+1 for the release.

I did following test manually without error:

1. starting Drill in Distributed mode.

2. Checked basically function in Web UI

3. Did sample query by Web UI and sqlline.