Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by "Ghosh, Achintya (Contractor)" <Ac...@comcast.com> on 2016/09/20 13:56:00 UTC

Kafka duplicate offset at Consumer

Hi there,

I see a lot of same offset value kafka consumer receives hence it creates a lot of duplicate messages. What could be the reason and how we can solve this issue?

Thanks
Achintya

RE: Kafka duplicate offset at Consumer

Posted by "Tauzell, Dave" <Da...@surescripts.com>.
Are you using the new java consumer?   What method are you using to commit offsets?

-Dave

I see a lot of same offset value kafka consumer receives hence it creates a lot of duplicate messages. What could be the reason and how we can solve this issue?

Thanks
Achintya
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential, may contain sensitive information, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail immediately and destroy all copies of the e-mail and any attachments.

RE: Kafka duplicate offset at Consumer

Posted by "Tauzell, Dave" <Da...@surescripts.com>.