Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Cavan Morris <cm...@cadorecreation.com> on 2002/12/22 07:20:34 UTC

ERROR 554 from hotmail.com

I'm finally upgrading from 1.2 to 2.0a3 and I've got a problem maybe somebody here can help me with.  I got it up and running and everything seemed to be working well until I tried to send to my hotmail address.  No Luck.  Error 554 Transation failed.  I switch back to 1.2 and everything is fine.  As near as I can tell the config files are the same.  I can't figure out a way to get a look at what the different servers are telling hotmail so I have no idea what the difference might be.  Has anyone else ever had a problem like this?  I figure I'll have to try 2.1a1 or stay with 1.2 if I can't fix it.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Re: ERROR 554 from hotmail.com

Posted by Cavan Morris <cm...@cadorecreation.com>.
I'm trying to upgrade to 2.1 now but I've had a couple of problems building it.  I think I'll be able to get through it though.  I guess everybody can't be having this hotmail problem or everybody would have heard about it.  The only thing I can think of is that hotmail is kicking me out do to some spam protection procedure(I'm not sending spam).  I've got 6 IPs on my machine so maybe if I connect from one that doesn't match my helloname it boots me.  The thing is, I had the same helloname setup with 1.2.  Shrug...

-Cavan Morris

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Cavan,