Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Kyle Lee <ra...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/01 20:42:07 UTC

bbox query syntax

Hello all,

What are we doing incorrectly with this query?

http://10.0.0.121:8080/solr/select?q=(description:rifle)&fq=(transactionDate:[NOW-30DAY/DAYTO
NOW/DAY] AND {!bbox sfield=storeLocation pt=32.73,-96.97 d=20})

If we leave the transactionDate field out of the filter query string, the
query works as expected. However, when we include the BBOX clause, we get a
parser error.

Any help figuring out the correct syntax would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kyle

Re: bbox query syntax

Posted by "David Smiley (@MITRE.org)" <DS...@mitre.org>.
Hi.
By the way, your uses of parenthesis are completely superfluous.
You can't just plop that "{!" syntax anywhere you please, it only works at
the beginning of a query to establish the query parser for the rest of the
string and/or to set "local-params".   There is a sub-query hacky syntax:
... AND _query_:"{!bbox sfield=storeLocation pt=32.73,-96.97 d=20}".  But in
your case, I would simply use a second filter query: fq={!bbox
sfield=storeLocation pt=32.73,-96.97 d=20}

And by the way, you forgot to round down your first "NOW" to the day.

~ David

-----
 Author: https://www.packtpub.com/solr-1-4-enterprise-search-server/book