Posted to c-users@xerces.apache.org by Alex Khilov <kh...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/12 12:19:05 UTC

XMLCh for different platforms

Hi all,

I have Windows-based software that use Xerces-C, 3.1.1, just beautifully.
This software has functions like "wchar_t * wcschr(const wchar_t * wcs,
wchar_t wc)", etc.

However, as soon as I started to port it on Linux I run into troubles due
to "XERCES_XMLCH_T" definition in Xerces_autoconf_config.hpp file, which is
auto-created by "./configure". This is it:
#define XERCES_XMLCH_T uint16_t

In Windows this type defined as "wchar_t".

I just would like to ask: What is the preferred way to have this problem
fixed ?

Thank you ahead,
Alex.