Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by jsolderitsch <js...@gestalt-llc.com> on 2006/09/01 04:06:02 UTC

Re: Is jetty broken in latest snapshots? (Solved!)

jsolderitsch wrote:

> gnodet wrote:
>>
>> I do not see any reasons.
>> I have tested the samples and they work.
>> Could you paste the content of your SU and the console log ?
>>

>>> --
>>> Sent from the ServiceMix - Dev forum at Nabble.com.
>>>

>> --
>> Cheers,
>> Guillaume Nodet
>>

> I am sending the xbean and jbi xml files via private email.
>
> I hope they can suggest what my problem could be?
>
> There is a change from 3.0M2 that is rather severe.
>
> Could this be a platform issue -- are you using Windows XP to test this?
>
> I am not using Windows here.
>
> Jim

I want to thank Mr. Nodet for taking the time via e-mail to help me realize
the problem.

It turns out that there is a new installer zip in the snapshot releases
called servicemix-shared and this one must be "installed" if you want most
(if not all) of the other installer zips to install successfully. It is
certainly needed for the http and eip installers to be initialized and the
successful initialization does cause jetty to start up.

A little more attention to detail would have alerted me to the existence of
this but since this installer was not part of the last milestone release, I
was not looking for it.

Also the INFO messages that are written to the console were not sufficiently
clear for the novice user and so once I was told where to look, I did
eventually see the error of my ways.

I recommend that perhaps this one installer zip actually be positioned in
the release to be already in the install folder at the root of the
servicemix installation rather than in the components folder.

Glad to report a resolution of this issue.

Jim

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Thx, I will increase the log level and try to have more detailed messages.