Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Bruno Matos <br...@paradigmaxis.pt> on 2013/12/04 18:32:35 UTC

Federation binding events

Hello,

I'm listening for binding events in a Broker with dynamic routes to be
sure that bindings are active on both Brokers, but I'm receiving two
messages from each binding. One with an empty 'qpid.fed.op' and another
with 'qpid.fed.op' set to 'U'. What does this mean?

Thank you,
Regards.

--
Bruno Matos

Re: Federation binding events

Posted by Bruno Matos <br...@paradigmaxis.pt>.
On 12/04/2013 07:24 PM, Ted Ross wrote:
> The 'qpid.fed.op' extension was adopted because of the lack of an
> arguments field in the "unbind" command.
>
> Dynamic binding needs to attach some metadata to the bind and unbind
> commands.  Since there was no standard way to attach metadata to an
> unbind command, a bind command with a qpid.fed.op of "U" was used
> instead.  The "U" mean unbind.  What you are seeing is the dynamic
> propagation of an unbind.  The empty qpid.fed.op is a propagated bind.

Thank you.
I'll assume that the binding was made when I receive the first message
(with an empty qpid.fed.op), than.

Regards.

Posted by Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com>.
The 'qpid.fed.op' extension was adopted because of the lack of an
arguments field in the "unbind" command.

Dynamic binding needs to attach some metadata to the bind and unbind
commands.  Since there was no standard way to attach metadata to an
unbind command, a bind command with a qpid.fed.op of "U" was used
instead.  The "U" mean unbind.  What you are seeing is the dynamic
propagation of an unbind.  The empty qpid.fed.op is a propagated bind.

-Ted