Posted to users@camel.apache.org by cmoulliard <cm...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/18 13:15:52 UTC

Extend File Component property (Nbe lines/message)

Hi,

I would like to propose to extend the file component of camel by adding new
properties :

- Nber lines/message

in order to provide when the file is formatted as a CSV file the number of
lines to put in a message. This strategy can improve performance when the
file contain thousands of records and we want to parralelize the work.

- CSV separator
- CSV end line delimitor

Regards,

Charles

Re: Extend File Component property (Nbe lines/message)

Posted by Roman Kalukiewicz <ro...@gmail.com>.
2008/3/18, cmoulliard <cm...@gmail.com>:

>  Hi,
>
>  I would like to propose to extend the file component of camel by adding new
>  properties :
>
>  - Nber lines/message
>
>  in order to provide when the file is formatted as a CSV file the number of
>  lines to put in a message. This strategy can improve performance when the
>  file contain thousands of records and we want to parralelize the work.
>
>  - CSV separator
>  - CSV end line delimitor

I don't know if there is anyone still interested in the answer, but
let me propose using parallel splitter() functionality here.

we can just

from("file:file.csv").splitter(body(String).tokenize("\n"),
true).unmarshal().csv().to("direct:processing");

where 'true' in splitter() marks, that it should be processed in
parallel. Should work.

Roman