Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com> on 2001/01/05 18:43:11 UTC

Re: Template layout file with an include (bean or jsp) to a jsp with a form. (there are many tomcat developer here also i believe)

Johan Compagner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I thought i shall be smart, i developed my own:
>  IncludeServletResponse that implements HttpServletResponse)

On a servlet 2.2 container, this is not legal -- the request and response
arguments that you pass on to a RequestDispatcher *must* be the ones you
originally received.  Many servlet containers (such as Tomcat 3.2) rely on this
in order to cast the object back to their own internal implementation class.

On a servlet 2.3 container (such as Tomcat 4.0), you can do this, as long as
your class does an "extends HttpServletResponseWrapper".

Craig McClanahan