Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net> on 2021/06/10 22:35:24 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 8.5.67

The proposed Apache Tomcat 8.5.67 release is now available for voting.

The notable changes compared to the 8.5.66 release are:

- Improve robustness of HTTP/2 HPACK decoding

- Improvements to the handling of the Transfer-Encoding header

- Review code used to generate Java source from JSPs and tags and remove
    code found to be unnecessary.

Along with lots of other bug fixes and improvements.

For full details, see the changelog:
https://ci.apache.org/projects/tomcat/tomcat-8.5.x/docs/changelog.html

It can be obtained from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-8/v8.5.67/

The Maven staging repo is:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1316/

The tag is:
https://github.com/apache/tomcat/tree/8.5.67
64f53975de68f57a1aef663d3ff05d4cca7d9a5b

The proposed 8.5.67 release is:
[ ] Broken - do not release
[ ] Stable - go ahead and release as 8.5.67

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 8.5.67

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Jun 11, 2021 at 1:36 AM Christopher Schultz <
chris@christopherschultz.net> wrote:

> The proposed Apache Tomcat 8.5.67 release is now available for voting.
>
> The notable changes compared to the 8.5.66 release are:
>
> - Improve robustness of HTTP/2 HPACK decoding
>
> - Improvements to the handling of the Transfer-Encoding header
>
> - Review code used to generate Java source from JSPs and tags and remove
>     code found to be unnecessary.
>
> Along with lots of other bug fixes and improvements.
>
> For full details, see the changelog:
> https://ci.apache.org/projects/tomcat/tomcat-8.5.x/docs/changelog.html
>
> It can be obtained from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-8/v8.5.67/
>
> The Maven staging repo is:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1316/
>
> The tag is:
> https://github.com/apache/tomcat/tree/8.5.67
> 64f53975de68f57a1aef663d3ff05d4cca7d9a5b
>
> The proposed 8.5.67 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [ X ] Stable - go ahead and release as 8.5.67

Regards,
Martin

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 8.5.67

Posted by Igal Sapir <is...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Jun 10, 2021 at 3:36 PM Christopher Schultz <
chris@christopherschultz.net> wrote:

> The proposed Apache Tomcat 8.5.67 release is now available for voting.
>
> <snip/>
>
> The proposed 8.5.67 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [X] Stable - go ahead and release as 8.5.67

+1

Tested on Ubuntu 20.04 with Java 11

Igal

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 8.5.67

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 11/06/2021 08:32, Rémy Maucherat wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 11, 2021 at 12:35 AM Christopher Schultz <
> chris@christopherschultz.net> wrote:
>
>> The proposed Apache Tomcat 8.5.67 release is now available for voting.
>>
>> The notable changes compared to the 8.5.66 release are:
>>
>> - Improve robustness of HTTP/2 HPACK decoding
>>
>> - Improvements to the handling of the Transfer-Encoding header
>>
>> - Review code used to generate Java source from JSPs and tags and remove
>>      code found to be unnecessary.
>>
>> Along with lots of other bug fixes and improvements.
>>
>> For full details, see the changelog:
>> https://ci.apache.org/projects/tomcat/tomcat-8.5.x/docs/changelog.html
>>
>> It can be obtained from:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-8/v8.5.67/
>>
>> The Maven staging repo is:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1316/
>>
>> The tag is:
>> https://github.com/apache/tomcat/tree/8.5.67
>> 64f53975de68f57a1aef663d3ff05d4cca7d9a5b
>>
>> The proposed 8.5.67 release is:
>> [X] Broken - do not release
>> [ ] Stable - go ahead and release as 8.5.67
>>

> I have an issue with the signature of the Windows installer, see the slack
> channel for more details. Not sure what's going on, there is a signature,
> but ...

It is a known issue fixed in JSign 3.0.

I looked into building 8.5.x with Java 7 but using JSign with Java 8 (so
we could use JSign 3.1) but that was looking messy.

Meanwhile, ebourg provided a Java 7 build of JSign 3.1 so I switched
8.5.x to that and all now looks good.

I'm afraid that it looks like Chris gets to practise the 8.5.x release
process a little sooner than he expected.

Mark

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 8.5.67

Posted by Rémy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Jun 11, 2021 at 12:35 AM Christopher Schultz <
chris@christopherschultz.net> wrote:

> The proposed Apache Tomcat 8.5.67 release is now available for voting.
>
> The notable changes compared to the 8.5.66 release are:
>
> - Improve robustness of HTTP/2 HPACK decoding
>
> - Improvements to the handling of the Transfer-Encoding header
>
> - Review code used to generate Java source from JSPs and tags and remove
>     code found to be unnecessary.
>
> Along with lots of other bug fixes and improvements.
>
> For full details, see the changelog:
> https://ci.apache.org/projects/tomcat/tomcat-8.5.x/docs/changelog.html
>
> It can be obtained from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-8/v8.5.67/
>
> The Maven staging repo is:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1316/
>
> The tag is:
> https://github.com/apache/tomcat/tree/8.5.67
> 64f53975de68f57a1aef663d3ff05d4cca7d9a5b
>
> The proposed 8.5.67 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [ ] Stable - go ahead and release as 8.5.67

I have an issue with the signature of the Windows installer, see the slack
channel for more details. Not sure what's going on, there is a signature,
but ...

Rémy