Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2001/08/11 18:22:00 UTC

Re: String taglib proposal

Hi Bay

I'd really like your string taglib to be added to jakarta-taglibs ASAP. I'm
particularly interested in having <string:escapeHTML>, <string:escapeXML>
and <string:escapeURL> tags too ;-).

I seem to remember mostly positive support for it the first time round -
should we call another vote?

James

From: <ba...@generationjava.com>

Re: VOTE: adding string taglib to jakarta-taglibs (Re: String taglib proposal)

Posted by Pierre Delisle <pi...@sun.com>.

> adding string taglib to jakarta-taglibs

+1

> Bay being a committer so he can maintain his work inside
> jakarta-taglibs.

+1

    -- Pierre

Re: VOTE: adding string taglib to jakarta-taglibs (Re: String taglib proposal)

Posted by Rich Catlett <ri...@more.net>.
This sounds good to me +1 to both.

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@voyager.apg.more.net>.
James Strachan wrote:

> I'd like to call a vote to add Bay's excellent string taglib to
> jakarta-taglibs CVS and add Bay as a comitter so he can maintain the taglib
> in the jakarta-taglibs project.
>
> You can browes Bay's work here:-
>
> http://www.generationjava.com/java/StringTaglib.shtml
>
> To get the ball rolling, I'm
>
> +1 on adding string taglib to jakarta-taglibs

+1

> +1 on Bay being a committer so he can maintain his work inside
> jakarta-taglibs.

+1

Glenn

VOTE: adding string taglib to jakarta-taglibs (Re: String taglib proposal)

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Hi Bay

From: <ba...@generationjava.com>
> I'm polishing a few things (javadoc, org.apache, couple of new
> tags) before releasing v0.4. I have an escapeXML which simply escapes < >
> and &. This would work for HTML too.

Sounds great - I'd like to use it :-)

> What else do you envision these tags doing? Escaping "s?

I think encoding < > and & would do for what I need.

> For the URL escaping, do you just see it doing a URLEncoder on it, or
> something else. Actually, I'll go with a urlEncode and urlDecode tagset
> for String until I hear further from you.

Sounds great. Encoding sounds like it would be most useful, so that you
could implement it via a call to

response.encodeURL( url )

James

Re: String taglib proposal