Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2004/08/02 05:24:44 UTC

Re: Implementation of SOAPTransport interface using LibWWW for client

Hi All,
   Few thoughts.
   Copying LibWWW headers into cvs head would have licencing issues. Or would it not?
   With transport abtraction layer the idea is to let the users select between transports. Hence I
do not think it is a good idea to ship the headers for different trasport implementations with
Axis C++ source.

   Given a perticular transport, it is a good idea to stick to a given version of third party
libs.

   We could keep the headers(libs) where ever they are, without copying, and use '-I' ('-L')
compiler options.
   On Linux, need to copy headers is eliminated this way. I think for windows the same could be
done.
Thanks,
Samisa...

--- John Hawkins <HA...@uk.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Hmm, we are talking about build here right - so where does install come
> into it? Oh, I think I see - we seem to be mixing up build and install.
> They are very different things for most "production" users - I'll try to be
> explicit when I discuss these things.
>
> Re building axis libwww support - For things like the header files being
> placed in src/transport/libwww etc. - can't we just put those header files
> into our build in that directory permanently? I assume we would only like
> to support a particular version of libwww at any one time (given libwww is
> very stable and header files don't change much)
>
> The lib files are more problematic of course, we could take the viewpoint
> that we are only supporting a particular version? It would be much easier
> to build that way but it means we would have to have a copy of the libwww
> libs created once and then updated (although libwww in this case hasn't
> changed in a long time).
>
> cheers,
> John.
>

>              damitha kumarage
>              <damitha@opensour
>              ce.lk>                                                     To
>                                        Apache AXIS C Developers List
>              29/07/2004 12:40          <ax...@ws.apache.org>
>                                                                         cc
>
>              Please respond to                                     Subject
>               "Apache AXIS C           Re: Implementation of SOAPTransport
>              Developers List"          interface using LibWWW for
>                                        client
>

> Hi Lahiru,
>
> This seems to be a very exhaustive list compared to the linux libwww
> guide sent by Samisa(see further below).
> I think lot of people are interested on an easier Windows build as well.
> Can't we use a good opensource installer program to have a simpler Axis
> C++ installation on Windows?
>
> thanks
> damitha
>
> On Thu, 2004-07-29 at 17:12, lahiru@opensource.lk wrote:
> > For Windows
> >
> > 1.Install libwww.
> > 2.Copy the source header files in libwww which are in library/src to the
> > c/src/transport/libwww.
> > 3.copy the external header files in libwww which are in library/external
> > to c/include/libwww.
> > 4.copy the library files which are created while building the libwww to
>
> > c/lib/libwww
> > 5.Copy the gnu_regx.dll to path from libwww.
> > 6.Build the AxisTransportLibwww VC project.
> > 7.Copy the generated AxisTransport.dll to path
> > 8.then run the samples.
> >
> > I included these informations to the readme file and diff is attached.
> >

> > Lahiru Wimalasiri
> >

> > > For Linux, I have explained this in the readme.txt in
> > > src/transport/libwww/readme.txt
> > >
> > > Simply what you have to do is
> > > 1. install LibWWW,
> > > 2. build Axis C++ with libWWW support and
> [...]
=== message truncated ===

http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo

Re: Client failed to load parser lib - axiscpp.conf location changed

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Damitha,
    I hardly use deploy_apache2.sh (or deploy_apache.sh) as I less often use the server side.
    I usually only use the client side (as per my requirement), and often with my own custom
settings.

    However, this kind of a change (like introducing a new folder) should have been informed over
the mailing list, as there can be many who do not use the default settings like me. It is ok to
use 'etc' but only if I new, it could have saved my time.

    Thanks for the reply.
Regards,

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Re: Client failed to load parser lib - axiscpp.conf location changed

Posted by damitha kumarage <da...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Samisa,

Re: Client crashes with both transports

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com>.
OK, I found the solution:
SoapSerializer::releaseBufferCallBack has been removed from the serializer.
Hence it makes no sence to use m_pReleaseBufferCallback anymore.

(Yes I remeber that I saw a email thread on removal of buffering: Cool)

Now I have a question, who should (or does) delete the passed pointer to sendBytes?

Also, would it be not nice to update all the codes when applying a patch? (Or at lease use
depricate option in place; please)

PS: I did not touch the serializer code to fix this rather only the LibWWW trasport code.
I cannot still get the other trasport (axis transport i.e.) working.

Thanks,
Samisa...

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
+1 for using -I and -L properly ..