Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by st...@comcast.net on 2017/05/09 23:08:32 UTC

Stable Release Schedule?

Hi,

I'm wondering how often stable releases occur? I see on the downloads page it doesn't seem to be very often, perhaps a year or more between releases. Would it be safe to assume I won't be seeing any fixes for WebPOS for at least another year if I wait (this would be terrible news)? I haven't seen any activity on the JIRA bug report for this, so I'd assume even intermediate releases on git may not see this fixed in a reasonable time.

I'm trying to go through logs on demo data loads and manually loading XML from demo data to see if I can spot an order of load where I might be able to manually edit demo data XML files and not having much luck...it seems the demo data load succeeds (so far as logs show), but when running from the web tools I end up getting errors where it doesn't think the XML is well-formed. Even so, if I use command line via something like this it imports, but I've not been able to get a WebPOS which can be logged in to:
./gradlew "ofbiz --load-data file=/some/file.xml"

This is very slow and very painful due to the enormous amount of XML data, so I'm not confident this can succeed in the time I have. I hate to go back to an unsupported prior release, but would something like the 14.12 or 15.12 offer a stable POS of some sort where it can be used with a real company and not with demo data? Would anyone know what the most recent release is with a working POS of any kind? It's absolutely mandatory that some sort of POS be available at the cash register.

Thanks!

Re: Stable Release Schedule?

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hi,

I think it is indeed time to discuss/prepare the new 16.11.02 release.

I am going to start a thread on the dev list now.

Thanks,

Jacopo