Posted to user@uima.apache.org by michelangelo <ms...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/07 18:33:29 UTC

Dictionary Annotator doesn't show correct annotations

hello,

I did my 1st try with DictionaryAnnotator add-on.
I imported dict_annot_xml_types.jar in order to work with incubator classes and
I created via DictionaryCreator a dictionary in xml. I modified it as:
<typeName>org.apache.uima.DictionaryEntry</typeName>
and I did DocAnalyzer with /DictionaryAnnotator/desc/AggregateAE.xml as
descriptor. Of course with an input document with some word matching the
dictionary entries.
Unfortunately the result is not nice, I mean, doubleclicking on the DocAnalyzer
result I see only the generic annotation regarding the whole text. Nothing
regardign the dictionary entries. Debugging I see 2 matches (it's correct):
the instruction FeatureStructure fs =
cas.createAnnotation(currentDictOutputType, start, end); is correclty executed 2
times.
What I'm missing? why no evidence of it in the result document?

many thanks
Michelangelo

Re: Dictionary Annotator doesn't show correct annotations

Posted by michelangelo <ms...@gmail.com>.
michelangelo <ms...@...> writes:

> I created via DictionaryCreator a dictionary in xml. I modified it as:
> <typeName>org.apache.uima.DictionaryEntry</typeName>
> and I did DocAnalyzer with /DictionaryAnnotator/desc/AggregateAE.xml as
> descriptor. Of course with an input document with some word matching the
> dictionary entries.
> Unfortunately the result is not nice, I mean, doubleclicking on the DocAnalyzer
> result I see only the generic annotation regarding the whole text. Nothing
> regardign the dictionary entries. Debugging I see 2 matches (it's correct):

added <capabilities>
      <capability>
        <inputs/>
        <outputs>
                  <type>org.apache.uima.DictionaryEntry</type>
        </outputs>
        <languagesSupported/>
      </capability>
    </capabilities>