Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Ross Allard <Ro...@merant.com> on 2001/04/27 17:00:42 UTC

Problems

I've just subscribed so this is a test message as well as a genuine
question.

Having just subscribed I first tried to fetch previous messages to answer my
question but am not having any luck getting archived messages  So, I'll go
ahead and ask my question knowing it may have been raised before.  Sorry...

First, I'm using the latest soap2.1 package.  I've gotten most of the sample
applications to run.  But I can't figure out how to use the TcpTunnelGui
test tool.  I thought the LemurLabs.Fortune sample would be an appropriate
one to try it with, but I can't seem to get the right combination of
parameters to both modules.  Any help would be appreciated.

Also, I'm trying to use the SOAP package from within a 1.3 applet .  After
discovering the applet needs an additional 7 jars (can this be right?), I
get the following client side error:

(java.util.PropertyPermission user.name read)
at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPropertyAccess(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.System.getProperty(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.soap.util.mime.MimeUtils.getUniqueValue(MimeUtils.java:84)

at org.apache.soap.rpc.SOAPContext.setRootPart(SOAPContext.java:375)
at org.apache.soap.rpc.SOAPContext.setRootPart(SOAPContext.java:418)
at org.apache.soap.rpc.SOAPContext.setRootPart(SOAPContext.java:393)
at
org.apache.soap.transport.TransportMessage.save(TransportMessage.java:303)

at
org.apache.soap.transport.http.SOAPHTTPConnection.send(SOAPHTTPConnection.ja
va:207)
at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:203)

What permissions need to be set?

Thanks for any help.

Ross Allard