Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2017/10/12 13:25:46 UTC

Failed to deploy artifacts: Could not transfer artifact xxxx to/from apache.shapshots.https

Hi,

We are getting failing builds where the build itself succeeds, but a subsequent
failure happens at the post-build step of transferring artifacts to
apache.snapshots.  Many of the artifacts get transferred, but then an error pops
up:

ERROR: Failed to deploy artifacts: Could not transfer artifact xxxx from/to apache.snapshots.https (https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots): Failed to transfer file: yyyy. Return code is: 400, ReasonPhrase: Bad Request.

These failures are intermittent, perhaps 30% of the build trys.

Rerunning the jenkins job often succeeds.

Here's an example of a recent failure:
https://builds.apache.org/job/UIMA-v3-sdk/279/display/redirect?page=changes

Can we change something to improve the odds of having deployment work?

-Marshall Schor

Re: Failed to deploy artifacts: Could not transfer artifact xxxx to/from apache.shapshots.https

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
I posted "works for me" now to Jira.  If any of the other projects are still
having this issue, please speak up on the Jira

-Marshall

Posted by Thomas Bouron <tb...@apache.org>.
Hi.

We do experience the same behaviour for Brooklyn project, at about the same rate.
Latest failure being this build: https://builds.apache.org/job/brooklyn-library-master/463

As Marshall pointed out, rerunning the build fixes the issue in most cases.

Any idea what might cause this?

Fwd: Re: Failed to deploy artifacts: Could not transfer artifact xxxx to/from apache.shapshots.https

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
meant to copy our dev list on this...  Filed an Infra Jira for this.

-Marshall

Posted by Chris Lambertus <cm...@apache.org>.
Nexus is now back in service. Hopefully this will resolve the error 400s. If not, please let me know so we can troubleshoot further.

Posted by Chris Lambertus <cm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chris Lambertus <cm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mike Drob <md...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chris Lambertus <cm...@apache.org>.