Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Alex Lee <el...@hotmail.com> on 2014/02/28 06:41:59 UTC

Newbie, any tutorial for install hadoop 2.3 with proper linux version

Hello,

I am quite a newbie here. And want to setup hadoop 2.3 on 4 new PCs. Later may add more PCs into it. Is there any tutorial I can learn from, such as the which linux version I should use, how to setup the linux, and how to install the hadoop step by step.

I am trying to setup cluster and aim to store TB data. Any suggestion。

With Best Regards,

Alex

Re: Newbie, any tutorial for install hadoop 2.3 with proper linux version

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.
These links you can follow

http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-common/ClusterSetup.html
http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.0.0.2/bk_installing_manually_book/content/rpm_chap3.html
http://codesfusion.blogspot.in/2013/10/setup-hadoop-2x-220-on-ubuntu.html?m=1
http://www.alexjf.net/blog/distributed-systems/hadoop-yarn-installation-definitive-guide
http://raseshmori.wordpress.com/2012/09/23/install-hadoop-2-0-1-yarn-nextgen/

*Warm Regards_**∞_*
* Shashwat Shriparv*
 [image: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/shashwat-shriparv/19/214/2a9]<http://www.linkedin.com/pub/shashwat-shriparv/19/214/2a9>[image:
https://twitter.com/shriparv] <https://twitter.com/shriparv>[image:
https://www.facebook.com/shriparv] <https://www.facebook.com/shriparv>[image:
http://google.com/+ShashwatShriparv]
<http://google.com/+ShashwatShriparv>[image:
http://www.youtube.com/user/sShriparv/videos]<http://www.youtube.com/user/sShriparv/videos>[image:
http://profile.yahoo.com/SWXSTW3DVSDTF2HHSRM47AV6DI/] <sh...@yahoo.com>

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.
These links you can follow

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.
These links you can follow

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.
These links you can follow

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Lee <el...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Zhi Jie,

Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 22:29:56 -0800
Subject: Re: Newbie, any tutorial for install hadoop 2.3 with proper linux version
From: zshen@hortonworks.com
To: user@hadoop.apache.org

This is the link about cluster setup: https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-common/ClusterSetup.html

- Zhijie

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 9:41 PM, Alex Lee <el...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I am quite a newbie here. And want to setup hadoop 2.3 on 4 new PCs. Later may add more PCs into it. Is there any tutorial I can learn from, such as the which linux version I should use, how to setup the linux, and how to install the hadoop step by step.

I am trying to setup cluster and aim to store TB data. Any suggestion。

With Best Regards,

Alex

--
Zhijie ShenHortonworks Inc.http://hortonworks.com/

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICENOTICE: This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any printing, copying, dissemination, distribution, disclosure or forwarding of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete it from your system. Thank You.

RE: Newbie, any tutorial for install hadoop 2.3 with proper linux version

Posted by Alex Lee <el...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Zhi Jie,

Posted by Alex Lee <el...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Zhi Jie,

Posted by Alex Lee <el...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Zhi Jie,

Posted by Zhijie Shen <zs...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Zhijie Shen
Hortonworks Inc.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Newbie, any tutorial for install hadoop 2.3 with proper linux version

Posted by Zhijie Shen <zs...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Zhijie Shen
Hortonworks Inc.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Newbie, any tutorial for install hadoop 2.3 with proper linux version

Posted by Zhijie Shen <zs...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Zhijie Shen
Hortonworks Inc.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Newbie, any tutorial for install hadoop 2.3 with proper linux version

Posted by Zhijie Shen <zs...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Zhijie Shen
Hortonworks Inc.