Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Mike Morris <mo...@telcordia.com> on 2006/12/13 00:24:26 UTC

Axis2 1.1 : Handlers not called from within Module

I have just started taking a look at porting an ws implementation based
on Axis 1.4 to Axis2.  I am deploying my implementation in the axis.war
file, adding my service (.aar) to the WEB-INF/services directory.  This
works fine - I can access my service using the wsdl2java generated
stubs.

I then packaged and added the module (.mar) to the WEB-INF/modules
directory and updated the axis2.xml file to declare the module in global
scope.  When I access the service, the module is loaded and the handler
initialized but the invoke() method is never called during the phase
execution chain.  I stepped through the AxisEngine code and it does not
appear that the phase i am specifying in the axis2.xml file is ever
loaded, though I do see the built-in phases (Transport, PreDispatch,
etc).

Any help?

Thanks,
Mike

Re: Axis2 1.1 : Handlers not called from within Module

Posted by Mike Morris <mo...@telcordia.com>.
Absolutely - hopefully I just misconfigured something.  Also attached is
the axis2.xml.

In the version attached the OutFlow of the module is associated with the
built-in Dispatch phase and the InFlow is associated with the
user-defined asiFactoryPhase.  Neither seems to be invoked.

BTW, I also tried specifying the module at the service scope in
services.xml with the same result.

Thanks,
Mike

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Mike Morris ;

Any possibility of attaching module.mar file .

Thanks
Deepal

>I have just started taking a look at porting an ws implementation based
>on Axis 1.4 to Axis2.  I am deploying my implementation in the axis.war
>file, adding my service (.aar) to the WEB-INF/services directory.  This
>works fine - I can access my service using the wsdl2java generated
>stubs.
>
>I then packaged and added the module (.mar) to the WEB-INF/modules
>directory and updated the axis2.xml file to declare the module in global
>scope.  When I access the service, the module is loaded and the handler
>initialized but the invoke() method is never called during the phase
>execution chain.  I stepped through the AxisEngine code and it does not
>appear that the phase i am specifying in the axis2.xml file is ever
>loaded, though I do see the built-in phases (Transport, PreDispatch,
>etc).
>
>Any help?
>
>Thanks,
>Mike

Deepal

org.apache.axis.ConfigurationException: org.apache.axis.ConfigurationException: No engine configuration file - aborting!

Posted by Ernie Ho <er...@oracle.com>.
Hi,

    I used Axis 1.1 to generated Java proxies and hosted the JSPs that invoke these proxies on Jboss 4.0.  I'm getting the following error :

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: org.apache.axis.ConfigurationException: org.apache.axis.ConfigurationException: No engine configuration file - aborting!
org.apache.axis.ConfigurationException: No engine configuration file - aborting!
	at org.apache.axis.configuration.FileProvider.configureEngine(FileProvider.java:224)
	at org.apache.axis.AxisEngine.init(AxisEngine.java:199)
	at org.apache.axis.AxisEngine.<init>(AxisEngine.java:181)
	at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.<init>(AxisClient.java:90)
	at org.apache.axis.client.Service.getAxisClient(Service.java:374)

It looks to be missing some config file, although I'm not sure what.

Any ideas?