Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bo Xu <bo...@cybershop.ca> on 2001/06/27 22:33:25 UTC

Re: Relative file path

Julia Kuznetsov wrote:

> Is there a way to use relative file path (ex. "examples/docs/test.xml") when
> accessing(reading etc.) it from servlet rather then absolute (ex.
> "D:\smthg\app\docs\test.xml") path.
>
> Ex. :  I have web app "examples" that mapped to d:\smthg\app.
>          My file "test.xml" is in d:\smthg\app\docs.
>         Can I access it using "examples/docs/test.xml? If yes, how?
>         Right now it's translating it to Tomcat bin dir:
>                 "D:\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2\bin\examples\docs\test.xml"
>
> Sorry, I'm new to Appache-Tomcat world...

Hi :-)  you  can put testApp.properties in myapp/WEB-INF/, and use
the following relative path to access it:
 InputStream is = this.getServletContext().
 getResourceAsStream("/WEB-INF/testApp.properties");

(normally), you  also can put testApp.properties is in
myapp/WEB-INF/classes, and use the following relative path to
access it:
- InputStream is = this.getClass().
  getResourceAsStream("testApp.properties");

- InputStream is = Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader().
  getResourceAsStream("testApp.properties");

Bo
June 27, 2001