Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by maurizio <il...@yahoo.it> on 2006/10/04 20:44:50 UTC

cocoon best editor ?

Greetings.

I am wondering which is the most used/preferred editor for Cocoon developing.

I do like ViM over anything else, but i was (unsuccessfully) looking for a nice eclipse Cocoon plugin (lepido seems dead). Is there anything good around ?

Maurizio

---------------------------------

Re: cocoon best editor ?

Posted by Lars Huttar <la...@sil.org>.
On 10/4/2006 4:10 PM, Skip Carter wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 October 2006 11:44, maurizio wrote:
>
>> Greetings.
>>
>> I am wondering which is the most used/preferred editor for Cocoon
>> developing.
>>
>> I do like ViM over anything else, but i was (unsuccessfully) looking for a
>> nice eclipse Cocoon plugin (lepido seems dead). Is there anything good
>> around ?
>>

> Religon, politics and editors...three sure topics to cause a fight.

Depends on the people. Here in the States most people avoid talking
about religion and politics in person. Mention them and you're likely to
get silence.

On our team, we use oXygen for editing Cocoon files. It's a bit slow but
has a good price and good features. The company is very responsive to
support requests. And the XSLT debugger has helped us more than once
figure out problems we couldn't figure out otherwise.

Lars

Re: cocoon best editor ?

Posted by Skip Carter <sk...@taygeta.com>.

--
 Dr. Everett (Skip) Carter           Phone: 831-641-0645 FAX:  831-641-0647
 Taygeta Network Security Services   email: skip@taygeta.net

Re: cocoon best editor ?

Posted by Yves Zoundi <yv...@gmail.com>.
I like to use pollo to edit the sitemap.xmap files(http://pollo.sf.net)

For coding I use Netbeans(Cocoon actions, selectors) + Oxygen XML
Editor(xml/xsl files)

Re: cocoon best editor ?

Posted by Kaj Kandler <Ka...@conficio.com>.

Re: cocoon best editor ?

Posted by Tony Edwards <te...@civica.com.au>.
I use Eclipse with the JSEclipse plugin for my flow development plus the Sunbow plugin for Cocoon deployment.
I'm still looking for a decent linux based xsl debugger (I use XSLerator from Marrowsoft. Its a Windows app but its
bloody tops!)

Eclipse has plugins aplenty for xml validation/development and JSEclipse (free version) gives nice coverage of my flow
functions making it easier to navigate through my project.
Hope this helps,

Tony

Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> On 10/4/06, maurizio <il...@yahoo.it> wrote:
>
>> ...I am wondering which is the most used/preferred editor for Cocoon
>> developing...
>
> Depends on what you mean by "Cocoon developing" - if you're writing
> sitemaps and XSLT transforms, your favorite editor will do, but if
> developing involves Java code you should move to a full-blown IDE like
> Eclipse, IDEA, NetBeans or something like that.
>
> -Bertrand

This email is from Civica Pty Limited and it, together with
any attachments, is confidential to the intended recipient(s)
and the contents may be legally privileged or contain
proprietary and private information. It is intended solely
for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not an
intended recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute
this email. If received in error, please notify the sender
and delete the message from your system immediately. Any
views or opinions expressed in this email and any files
transmitted with it are those of the author only and may
not necessarily reflect the views of Civica and do not create
any legally binding rights or obligations whatsoever. Unless
otherwise pre-agreed by exchange of hard copy documents
signed by duly authorised representatives, contracts may not
be concluded on behalf of Civica by email. Please note that
neither Civica nor the sender accepts any responsibility for
any viruses and it is your responsibility to scan the email
and the attachments (if any). All email received and sent by
Civica may be monitored to protect the business interests of
Civica.

Re: cocoon best editor ?

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.