Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by KHENG Piseth <pi...@open.org.kh> on 2012/10/23 05:01:44 UTC

Re: WELCOME to ooo-users@incubator.apache.org

Hi ApacheOO user support,

I have problem with using OpenOffice.org Writer, when I change footnote
to Native numbering, the footnote number becomes normal number, not a
superscript. Any solution?

Thanks for your hard working on OpenOffice improvement.

I am waiting your response.

Best regards,

Piseth

Re: Re: OpenOffice footnote

Posted by johnny smith <ka...@krovatka.su>.
> Please see the file attach of this problem and after change to native
> numbering with Khmer user interface only, it's also cannot be saved.
> When press save it shows error message (attached).

sad, but it seems i can't help you. my aoo has us english user interface only, and my os is 32-, not 64-bit which probably matters. besides that, i haven't received the attachment for some unknown reason (maybe spamfilter's fault). however, the problem seems to originate from bad localization code, which is beyond my scope of knowledge. i think you should report the bug to the developer team (see https://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/bug-tracking.html).

nonetheless, citing the error message in plaintext (instead of attaching it) may be of use if the bug is actually simpler than it seems.

i can't, but you can. the instructions how to do it are available through sending a message to ooo-users-help@incubator.apache.org (the link is at the bottom of each message from the list). they read as follows:

> You can start a subscription for an alternate address,
> for example "john@host.domain", just add a hyphen and your
> address (with '=' instead of '@') after the command word:
> <oo...@incubator.apache.org>
>
> To stop subscription for this address, mail:
> <oo...@incubator.apache.org>
>
> In both cases, I'll send a confirmation message to that address. When
> you receive it, simply reply to it to complete your subscription.

(i is not me but the ezmlm program.)

Re: OpenOffice footnote

Posted by KHENG Piseth <pi...@open.org.kh>.
Dear Johnny,

Thanks for your support.

Please see the file attach of this problem and after change to native
numbering with Khmer user interface only, it's also cannot be saved.
When press save it shows error message (attached).

With English (USA) User Interface, it's no problem. How to fix this?

Cambodian ministry of education are mandating and deploying the use of
OpenOffice at schools, and I got many question about this problem from
the school teachers.

P.s. Can you please change my email to piseth.kheng@gmail.com in this
mailing list? my space here is too low.

Thanks,

Piseth

Re: OpenOffice footnote

Posted by johnny smith <ka...@krovatka.su>.

Re: OpenOffice footnote

Posted by KHENG Piseth <pi...@open.org.kh>.

On 10/25/2012 2:55 AM, johnny smith wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Oct 2012 02:17:55 -0000, KHENG Piseth <pi...@open.org.kh>
> wrote:
>
>> It's not at the footnote area in the bottom of page, it's the number
>> with the word we put footnote. It's changed automatically to normal
>> number after changed to Native Numbering. Try to do it, you will see.
>
> hmm, i've changed my locale and ctl settings to khmer under "language
> settings/languages" and numerals to hindi under "language
> settings/complex text layout", after which all my arabic footnote
> anchors turned into hindi ones but still remained superscript. did you
> follow some other procedure?

Piseth Kheng, Mr.
Program Manager
Open Institute - KhmerOS
(855) 23 222 819 (office)
(855) 12 939 015 (mobile)
piseth@khmeros.info (email)
http://www.khmeros.info (website)

Re: OpenOffice footnote

Posted by johnny smith <ka...@krovatka.su>.

Re: OpenOffice footnote

Posted by KHENG Piseth <pi...@open.org.kh>.
Hi Johnny,

It's not at the footnote area in the bottom of page, it's the number
with the word we put footnote. It's changed automatically to normal
number after changed to Native Numbering. Try to do it, you will see.

Thanks for support!

Piseth

Posted by johnny smith <ka...@krovatka.su>.