Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Kostas Papadopoulos <ko...@methodosit.com.cy> on 2013/04/03 10:48:13 UTC

GUI getting slower?

We have been using JMeter version 2.5 to do some performance testing. I
recently installed JMeter version 2.9 and I found that the test results for
the same tests are very different when using the GUI. In one instance, the
same test gives throughput 4500/sec with version 2.5 and 3800/sec with 2.9.
Running non-gui on both versions gives comparable results (within 2%). I'm
running these tests on the same exact environment for both version (same
machines, application to be tested, java version, database, data, etc.)

Is this to be expected? Is the recommended practise to run only non-gui? Or
is it something to be looked at more carefully?

Please excuse me if this has this been addressed before.

--
Best Regards

Kostas Papadopoulos

K.E MethodosIT Ltd

Tel: +357 22463610
Fax: +357 22515197
Website: http://www.methodosit.com.cy

Re: GUI getting slower?

Posted by Kostas Papadopoulos <ko...@methodosit.com.cy>.
See attached. Don't have a Windows machine available but run the ant script
in schematic.cmd  directly, hope it came out OK.

Re: GUI getting slower?

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Are you using TransactionController ?

Would it be possible for you to give an overview of your Test Plan using
jmeter_home/extras/schematic.cmd utility ?

Thanks
Regards
Philippe

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 8:52 AM, Kostas Papadopoulos <
kostas@methodosit.com.cy> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Alternatively, you could re-benchmark after each change to obtain a new
> > baseline and then use comparative adjustments as required.
>
> That's what I meant.
>
> Tests/results can be surprisingly sensitive some times. I also found out
> that
> removing a "Response Assertion" from the test plan got me different
> results.
> Also disabling  a test branch vs setting it to zero loops using a
> -Jparameter
> will give different results.
>

> > You wouldn't really want to be stuck on the same version forever, would
> > you?

Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: GUI getting slower?

Posted by Kostas Papadopoulos <ko...@methodosit.com.cy>.
Hi,

Re: GUI getting slower?

Posted by Kostas Papadopoulos <ko...@methodosit.com.cy>.
Only in GUI.  But I think we should not expect absolute consistency between
JMeter version not even in non-GUI tests.

RE: GUI getting slower?

Posted by "Stott, Charlie" <CS...@tnsi.com>.

Re: GUI getting slower?

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Re: GUI getting slower?

Posted by Kostas Papadopoulos <ko...@methodosit.com.cy>.
Hi,

Re: GUI getting slower?

Posted by Kostas Papadopoulos <ko...@methodosit.com.cy>.
Hi,

I'll do my best to look into this further. I already got a request to create
a bug report for it. I'll do that first chance I get.

Re: GUI getting slower?

Posted by Adrian Speteanu <as...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: GUI getting slower?