Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Serkan Camurcuoglu <se...@telenity.com> on 2008/12/23 22:54:38 UTC

[OT] Merb-Rails Merge

This page
http://weblog.rubyonrails.org/2008/12/23/merb-gets-merged-into-rails-3
http://weblog.rubyonrails.org/2008/12/23/merb-gets-merged-into-rails-3  made
me dream about a world where all Java web frameworks merge into Wicket :)

Re: [OT] Merb-Rails Merge

Posted by Nick Heudecker <nh...@gmail.com>.
Can you imagine if we only had one web framework?  Most of the conferences
would shut down and Java book sales would plummet.

What would Java developers argue about with only one web framework?  Other
than disputes over IDEs, AJAX frameworks, SOAP APIs, testing, SCM, and
dozens of other things where the stakes are so low that it couldn't possibly
matter, we'd have nothing to talk about. ;)

Re: [OT] Merb-Rails Merge

Posted by HHB <hu...@yahoo.ca>.
I'm not bashing Rails, I'm just got bored from the Rails guys and how they
underestimate Java culture (the language, frameworks and the performance !!)
When I say Rails is a good replacement of PHP, I'm not disdaining them.
Both are good for building public web sites (forums, e-commerce) but not for
the enterprise IMHO.
>>Too late :)  Struts merged with Webworks.
This movement is logical since WW was an attempt to enhance Struts but you
can't expect Wicket to merge into SpringMVC for example.

Re: [OT] Merb-Rails Merge

Posted by Erik van Oosten <e....@grons.nl>.

Re: [OT] Merb-Rails Merge

Posted by HHB <hu...@yahoo.ca>.