Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Cere Davis <ce...@u.washington.edu> on 1998/03/10 06:49:18 UTC

mod_proxy/1929: ProxyPass redirects with URL showing for requests made with the tilde

>Number:         1929
>Category:       mod_proxy
>Synopsis:       ProxyPass redirects with URL showing for requests made with the tilde
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
ProxyPass shows redirected URL when URL uses the ~ character.

eg: http://www.oz.net/~cere will break ProxyPasses hidden redirection.

>How-To-Repeat:
Easy. Setup a ProxyPass statement like ProxyPass / http://eatme.com/
then query your proxy server (called foo.com) to http://foo.com/~cere
and watch it redirect you and then show you the redirected URL in the location
bar of your browser..
>Fix:
This problem was almost fixed between version 1.2.5 and 1.3.x but not quite...

I'm sure that it will be obvious to the person that patched the last ProxyPass
problem that was similar to this; which was that for ANY URL ProxyPass would
redirect but not hide the URL