Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Yves Vindevogel <yv...@implements.be> on 2005/11/11 18:59:02 UTC

Jetty and pgjdbc2.jar

Hi,

I need to connect Cocoon to a Postgresql db.
Under Tomcat, I just put my jar in the lib dir of Tomcat.

Is it the same under Jetty ?  I put it in /lib/optional, but Jetty does
not use it.
At least, it's not showing my data

I have modified my cocoon.xconf and web.xml to load the necesarry
drivers
It's a copy of the one that worked under my Tomcat directory

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Bien à vous,
Kind regards,

Yves Vindevogel
Implements

Re: Jetty and pgjdbc2.jar

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 13.11.2005 13:45, Yves Vindevogel wrote:
> I had put them in /webapp/WEB-INF/lib.  That did not work.
> However, putting them in /tools/jetty/lib, did.  When Jetty starts, it
> takes all the files from there by default.

Ah yes, makes sense. It is the analogy to the way you wrote you did it
with Tomcat. The db driver might not be known only to the webapp, but
the servlet container.

Jörg

Re: Jetty and pgjdbc2.jar

Posted by Yves Vindevogel <yv...@implements.be>.

On 12 Nov 2005, at 17:57, Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> On 11.11.2005 18:59, Yves Vindevogel wrote:
>
>> I need to connect Cocoon to a Postgresql db.
>> Under Tomcat, I just put my jar in the lib dir of Tomcat.
>> Is it the same under Jetty ?  I put it in /lib/optional, but Jetty
>> does not use it.
>
> Jetty does not load the files from lib/optional as this is just a
> Cocoon directory used when building Cocoon. At the end the files will
> be somewhere in build/webapp/WEB-INF/lib. So you either place your
> file directly there or you must execute "build webapp" again for
> getting the file copied from lib/optional to the correct target dir.
>
> Jörg

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Bien à vous,
Kind regards,