You are viewing a plain text version of this content. The canonical link for it is here.
Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com> on 2012/07/12 22:24:03 UTC
[MENTOR] next step(s) for Release Candidate
Hi,
Unless I hear of any show-stopper issues by tomorrow AM I think we can close the vote on the RC. None of the mentors have voted for this RC but I don't think that is required.
I believe the next step is this:
It is Apache policy that all releases be formally approved by the responsible PMC. In the case of the incubator, the IPMC must approve all releases. That means there is an additional bit of voting that the release manager must now oversee on general@incubator in order to gain that approval. The release manager must inform general@incubator that the vote has passed on the project's development list, and should indicate any IPMC votes gained during that process. A new vote on the release candidate artifacts must now be held on general@incubator to seek majority consensus from the IPMC. Previous IPMC votes issued on the project's development list count towards that goal.
Am I correct? Is there anything else we should be doing?
thanks,
Carol
Re: [MENTOR] next step(s) for Release Candidate
Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 2:14 AM, Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net> wrote:
> ...You should definitely give the Mentors enough time...
Yes - the instructions at [1] correctly indicate that 3 Incubator PMC
votes are required for a podling release, and it's much easier to get
them inside the podling than on the general@incubator.a.o list where
many people are busy with their own podlings.
I'm hoping to review the release today, but if that doesn't happen
don't wait for me as I'll be mostly offline for the next few days.
-Bertrand
[1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#best-practice-incubator-release-vote
Re: [MENTOR] next step(s) for Release Candidate
Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
On Jul 12, 2012, at 1:53 PM, Dave Fisher wrote:
>
> On Jul 12, 2012, at 1:41 PM, Greg Reddin wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 3:24 PM, Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Unless I hear of any show-stopper issues by tomorrow AM I think we can close the vote on the RC. None of the mentors have voted for this RC but I don't think that is required.
>>
>> I'd like to look the release over and vote on it. I'm sorry I'm not
>> more responsive. I'm totally swamped. If you don't mind holding the
>> vote open one more day I'll try to get into it.
>
> Me as well. I'm looking for time.
And there are a lot of manual steps ...
You should definitely give the Mentors enough time...
Regards,
Dave
>
> Regards,
> Dave
>
>>
>> Greg
>
Re: [MENTOR] next step(s) for Release Candidate
Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
On Jul 12, 2012, at 1:41 PM, Greg Reddin wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 3:24 PM, Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Unless I hear of any show-stopper issues by tomorrow AM I think we can close the vote on the RC. None of the mentors have voted for this RC but I don't think that is required.
>
> I'd like to look the release over and vote on it. I'm sorry I'm not
> more responsive. I'm totally swamped. If you don't mind holding the
> vote open one more day I'll try to get into it.
Me as well. I'm looking for time.
Regards,
Dave
>
> Greg
Re: [MENTOR] next step(s) for Release Candidate
Posted by Greg Reddin <gr...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 3:24 PM, Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Unless I hear of any show-stopper issues by tomorrow AM I think we can close the vote on the RC. None of the mentors have voted for this RC but I don't think that is required.
I'd like to look the release over and vote on it. I'm sorry I'm not
more responsive. I'm totally swamped. If you don't mind holding the
vote open one more day I'll try to get into it.
Greg
Re: [MENTOR] next step(s) for Release Candidate
Posted by Igor Costa <ig...@gmail.com>.
Carol, Alex
I'm finishing my test env and requirements on a windows 7 64bits following
the README file.
The only problem I found so far is related to AIR SDK, but it was my fault
on that.
I guess tomorrow I have my appropriate vote for this RC3 release. Hold
tight until I finish my tests.
Thanks in advance.
----------------------------
Igor Costa
www.igorcosta.com
www.igorcosta.org
On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 8:43 PM, Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net> wrote:
> On Jul 13, 2012, at 3:36 PM, Alex Harui wrote:
>
> >
> >
> >
> > On 7/13/12 3:12 PM, "Greg Reddin" <gr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> FYI. I'm sorry but life has not panned out for me this week. If I don't
> get
> >> around to voting on the release this weekend please don't let me be a
> >> roadblock.
> >>
> > Well, we'll try, but maybe you can provide some advice on the next step.
> > From my understanding of the rules, we can close the vote and then ask on
> > general@i.a.o to be released. They will want 3 +1 votes from IPMC
> members.
> > We have Bertrand and Dave Fisher's vote, so we will need to hope for some
> > other IPMC member to vote.
> >
> > Or we can wait for you or Anne Kathrine Petteroe (who seems to have
> > disappeared - no emails since late January) to vote before closing our
> vote
> > and approaching the IPMC. Then we have the 3 IPMC votes in hand going
> in.
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
> general@incubator.apache.org often gets quiet over the weekend. I'd give
> it until Monday or Sunday night before pushing the results and further vote
> over there.
>
> If there are only two +1 from the IPMC then be patient waiting for the 3rd
> vote from general@incubator.apache.org.
>
> Note the release votes are public and on general while PPMC/Committers
> votes are private and forwarded to the private IPMC list.
>
> Regards,
> Dave
>
>
>
> > --
> > Alex Harui
> > Flex SDK Team
> > Adobe Systems, Inc.
> > http://blogs.adobe.com/aharui
> >
>
>
Re: [MENTOR] next step(s) for Release Candidate
Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
On Jul 13, 2012, at 3:36 PM, Alex Harui wrote:
>
>
>
> On 7/13/12 3:12 PM, "Greg Reddin" <gr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> FYI. I'm sorry but life has not panned out for me this week. If I don't get
>> around to voting on the release this weekend please don't let me be a
>> roadblock.
>>
> Well, we'll try, but maybe you can provide some advice on the next step.
> From my understanding of the rules, we can close the vote and then ask on
> general@i.a.o to be released. They will want 3 +1 votes from IPMC members.
> We have Bertrand and Dave Fisher's vote, so we will need to hope for some
> other IPMC member to vote.
>
> Or we can wait for you or Anne Kathrine Petteroe (who seems to have
> disappeared - no emails since late January) to vote before closing our vote
> and approaching the IPMC. Then we have the 3 IPMC votes in hand going in.
>
> Thoughts?
general@incubator.apache.org often gets quiet over the weekend. I'd give it until Monday or Sunday night before pushing the results and further vote over there.
If there are only two +1 from the IPMC then be patient waiting for the 3rd vote from general@incubator.apache.org.
Note the release votes are public and on general while PPMC/Committers votes are private and forwarded to the private IPMC list.
Regards,
Dave
> --
> Alex Harui
> Flex SDK Team
> Adobe Systems, Inc.
> http://blogs.adobe.com/aharui
>
Re: [MENTOR] next step(s) for Release Candidate
Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
On 7/13/12 3:12 PM, "Greg Reddin" <gr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> FYI. I'm sorry but life has not panned out for me this week. If I don't get
> around to voting on the release this weekend please don't let me be a
> roadblock.
>
Well, we'll try, but maybe you can provide some advice on the next step.
>From my understanding of the rules, we can close the vote and then ask on
general@i.a.o to be released. They will want 3 +1 votes from IPMC members.
We have Bertrand and Dave Fisher's vote, so we will need to hope for some
other IPMC member to vote.
Or we can wait for you or Anne Kathrine Petteroe (who seems to have
disappeared - no emails since late January) to vote before closing our vote
and approaching the IPMC. Then we have the 3 IPMC votes in hand going in.
Thoughts?
--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team
Adobe Systems, Inc.
http://blogs.adobe.com/aharui
Re: [MENTOR] next step(s) for Release Candidate
Posted by Greg Reddin <gr...@gmail.com>.
FYI. I'm sorry but life has not panned out for me this week. If I don't get around to voting on the release this weekend please don't let me be a roadblock.
Greg
Sent from my mobile device.
On Jul 13, 2012, at 3:25 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 10:34 PM, Igor Costa <ig...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> ...As soon as we get approval by 50% of votes from mentors and contributors we
>> can ship the release...
>
> No. Read the rest of this thread.
> -Bertrand
Re: [MENTOR] next step(s) for Release Candidate
Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 10:34 PM, Igor Costa <ig...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...As soon as we get approval by 50% of votes from mentors and contributors we
> can ship the release...
No. Read the rest of this thread.
-Bertrand
Re: [MENTOR] next step(s) for Release Candidate
Posted by Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com>.
The vote for RC3 has been open since Monday, July 9, 2012 7 :52PM (EDT)
[1]. More than 72 hours have passed and the binding votes total 3 or
more. Technically I believe the vote can close this evening but I'd like
to get input from as many people as I can.
[1]: http://markmail.org/message/sx53xzu3t4vijmeq
Carol
On 7/12/12 4 :34PM, "Igor Costa" <ig...@gmail.com> wrote:
>I think we need a time frame of 4 days to make a stand and vote for RC.
>
>Right now I'm not able to vote because I didn't test last release.
>
>As soon as we get approval by 50% of votes from mentors and contributors
>we
>can ship the release.
>
>Let's wait next 4 days to see what's happen on that time frame.
>
>
>Regards
>----------------------------
>Igor Costa
>www.igorcosta.com
>www.igorcosta.org
>
>
>On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 5:24 PM, Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com>
>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Unless I hear of any show-stopper issues by tomorrow AM I think we can
>> close the vote on the RC. None of the mentors have voted for this RC
>>but I
>> don't think that is required.
>>
>> I believe the next step is this:
>>
>> It is Apache policy that all releases be formally approved by the
>> responsible PMC. In the case of the incubator, the IPMC must approve all
>> releases. That means there is an additional bit of voting that the
>>release
>> manager must now oversee on general@incubator in order to gain that
>> approval. The release manager must inform general@incubator that the
>>vote
>> has passed on the project's development list, and should indicate any
>>IPMC
>> votes gained during that process. A new vote on the release candidate
>> artifacts must now be held on general@incubator to seek majority
>> consensus from the IPMC. Previous IPMC votes issued on the project's
>> development list count towards that goal.
>>
>> Am I correct? Is there anything else we should be doing?
>>
>> thanks,
>> Carol
>>
Re: [MENTOR] next step(s) for Release Candidate
Posted by Igor Costa <ig...@gmail.com>.
I think we need a time frame of 4 days to make a stand and vote for RC.
Right now I'm not able to vote because I didn't test last release.
As soon as we get approval by 50% of votes from mentors and contributors we
can ship the release.
Let's wait next 4 days to see what's happen on that time frame.
Regards
----------------------------
Igor Costa
www.igorcosta.com
www.igorcosta.org
On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 5:24 PM, Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Unless I hear of any show-stopper issues by tomorrow AM I think we can
> close the vote on the RC. None of the mentors have voted for this RC but I
> don't think that is required.
>
> I believe the next step is this:
>
> It is Apache policy that all releases be formally approved by the
> responsible PMC. In the case of the incubator, the IPMC must approve all
> releases. That means there is an additional bit of voting that the release
> manager must now oversee on general@incubator in order to gain that
> approval. The release manager must inform general@incubator that the vote
> has passed on the project's development list, and should indicate any IPMC
> votes gained during that process. A new vote on the release candidate
> artifacts must now be held on general@incubator to seek majority
> consensus from the IPMC. Previous IPMC votes issued on the project's
> development list count towards that goal.
>
> Am I correct? Is there anything else we should be doing?
>
> thanks,
> Carol
>