Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net> on 2001/01/01 00:58:00 UTC

Re: Good Velocity Demo

Frank Martini wrote:

> Found a small typo on the URL. Should be:
> http://www.miceda-data.com/forumdemo/index.html
>
> But Wow! That was incredibly fast! Does anyone have any more advanced demos?

Probably not.  But you can download the package and play with it
yourself.  Take a look at Anakia, play with the examples, look at the
example templates, and build something for yourself.

Velocity is also used in Turbine (http://java.apache.org/), so you could
download that to play some more...

geir

> Frank
>

> > On Sat, 30 Dec 2000, Frank Martini wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I'm the ultimate newbie and I'm looking for a good demo of Velocity in
> >> action. Is there somewhere I can test drive a functional site?
> >>

> > There is a little forum app that demonstrates Velocity
> > here:
> >
> > http://www.miceda-data.com/forumdemo.index.html
> >
> > The actual code for this demo is in the examples
> > directory is CVS.
> >
> > jvz.

Velocity : it's not just a good idea. It should be the law.
http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity