Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Vishwas Babu <vi...@confluxtechnologies.com> on 2019/03/06 03:21:20 UTC

Re: Repayment of Loans

Mexina,

I am not sure if you are enquiring about provisioning and/or recovery
repayments.

Fineract has support for configurable provisioning, see
https://mifosforge.jira.com/wiki/spaces/docs/pages/110690335/Provisioning+Entries

and
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FINERACT/Loan+Loss+Provisioning.

If you are enquiring about Recovery repayments (payments on loans which
have been written off) which are treated as an income, Fineract has support
for the same too. See https://mifosforge.jira.com/browse/MIFOSX-281

Regards,
Vishwas

Re: Repayment of Loans

Posted by Vishwas Babu <vi...@confluxtechnologies.com>.
Mexina,

Please take my responses with a pinch of salt as I have not used Fineract
for more than 3 years now.

>> 1. What is the effect/use of configuring NPA fields on the loan product?
Once a loan moves into NPA status, accruals are stopped on the same. I
think Fineract leaves the existing accruals that are not yet realized as is.

>>2. After you have put aside some amount by provisioning ( by posting the
provisions on accounts) is there anything happens when a certain loan which
was provisioned get re-payed or written off?
The provisioning process can be automated (through batch jobs) or run
manually. When new provisioning entries are created, any existing
provisioning would be reversed and the latest provisioning is done based on
the current statuses of active loans.

Regards,
Vishwas

Re: Repayment of Loans

Posted by Mexina Daniel <me...@singo.africa>.
Dear Vishwas

I was inquiring on:-

1. What is the effect/use of configuring NPA fields on the loan product?  am aware that on the system, the recovery repayment is considered as income since it was written off ( considered as expense)

Addition

2. After you have put aside some amount by provisioning ( by posting the provisions on accounts) is there anything happens when a certain loan which was provisioned get re-payed or written off?( since it won't be on arrears anymore)