Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Dmitry Yershov <dm...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/10 05:32:32 UTC

Re: [drlvm] the big soup of VM properties (HARMONY-1626)

Hello All,

   I finished implementation and refactoring described in
Harmony-1925. In H-1925 You can find some details and patch file
(whole_properties_patch.zip). Any comments are welcome.

I observe the following further improvements (Items for other JIRA-s?):
    - In function "read_properties"
(vm/vmcore/src/init/properties.cpp): Property value has limited length
(MAX_PROP_LINE=5120). This function should be rewritten.
    - We should establish order with "vm.boot.library.path",
"vm.boot.class.path" properties. Either we should add api2vm interface
which should bring "INTERNAL_PROPERTIES" to java code or we should
introduce other "JAVA_PROPERTIES" with functionality of properties
described above and rewrite existing kernel classes.

Thanks
Dmitry