Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by is_maximum <mn...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/09 14:45:17 UTC

What is ManagedInterface

Hi

Can anyone explain what is the ManagedInterface good for? What benefit would
achieve if we define all of our entities as interfaces?

thanks

Re: What is ManagedInterface

Posted by is_maximum <mn...@gmail.com>.
Hi Pinaki,
Now it seems much more useful. the Graph<T> you said seems interesting to
me. I am going to see if it can help me in our project.

Thanks

Posted by Pinaki Poddar <pp...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by is_maximum <mn...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Craig,

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi is_,

On Mar 9, 2009, at 6:45 AM, is_maximum wrote:

> Hi
>
> Can anyone explain what is the ManagedInterface good for? What
> benefit would
> achieve if we define all of our entities as interfaces?

If your entities are pure data (no behavior) then defining them as
interfaces reduces mindless code generation for the implementation of
get and set methods. All you do is declare the methods and OpenJPA
does the rest.

Craig

> thanks

Craig L Russell