Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Reindl Harald <h....@thelounge.net> on 2017/10/25 16:23:33 UTC

apr "the latest available version"

it is *not* helpful when you already have deployed httpd 2.4.29 that you
by random luck face a apr-1.6.3 build on the fedora buildserver
(https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=989222) either
this stuff on top should be removed completly or properly updated, if
it's not there at all one would look at the filelist

https://www.apache.org/dist/apr/

Important Notices
     Download from your nearest mirror site!
     APR 1.6.2 is the latest available version
     APR-util 1.6.0 is the latest available version
     APR-iconv 1.2.1 is the latest available version

APR 1.6.2 is the latest available version

APR 1.6.2 has been released, and should be considered "general
availability".
APR-util 1.6.0 is the latest available version

APR-util 1.6.0 has been released, and should be considered "general
availability".

Code of Conduct (was Re: apr "the latest available version")

Posted by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi folks,
I would like to remind everyone that Apache has a code of conduct, at
http://www.apache.org/foundation/policies/conduct.html

People are asked to follow these guidelines. Failure to do so may result
in people being removed from the lists. This is a volunteer-driven
community, we frankly do not have the time or patience to deal with
people spewing negativity all the time.

I thank those of you who are here to help and learn for your patience
and understanding.

With regards,
Daniel on behalf of the Apache HTTP Server Project.

Posted by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Reindl Harald <h....@thelounge.net>.

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.
On 26 Oct 2017, at 12:31 PM, Reindl Harald <h....@thelounge.net> wrote:

> i am not going to subscribe to every single devel list out there for single issues and had already submitted a bug as 1.6.x was over months invisible when you expect that the top part of the page is recent

Please tone down the aggressive behaviour, it is not fair on anyone in the Apache community to have to endure abuse like this over what was obviously an oversight.

Also, please ensure you post to the correct list as a courtesy.

Regards,
Graham
—

Re: apr "the latest available version"

Posted by Reindl Harald <h....@thelounge.net>.

Am 25.10.2017 um 18:26 schrieb Daniel Gruno:
> On 10/25/2017 06:23 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>> it is *not* helpful when you already have deployed httpd 2.4.29 that you
>> by random luck face a apr-1.6.3 build on the fedora buildserver
>
> I'd suggest you post this to dev@apr.apache.org if you want them to
> update their dist page.

i am not going to subscribe to every single devel list out there for
single issues and had already submitted a bug as 1.6.x was over months
invisible when you expect that the top part of the page is recent

both are apache projects, i assume that on this list are also
apr-developers and when you look at mails like this one such issues
should be sovled somehow and if it only means doing nothing else than a
ordinary folder listing and remove the facny always outdated top paragraph

On Wed, Oct 25, 2017 at 4:02 PM, Craig Young <cy...@tripwire.com> wrote:
 > I'm not sure if this is what is referred to in the Apache 2.4.29
announcement, but please note that the Apache Portable Runtime v1.6.3
release resolved memory safety issues I found in functions used within
HTTP server.  This was released in conjunction with 2.4.29.

Posted by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org>.