Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Joe Wicentowski <jo...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/08 20:42:54 UTC

Bookmarks, metadata stripped in postscript output

Hi all,

Using FOP trunk, I noticed that when running the postscript output
through Adobe Distiller (or opening the .ps file on the Mac
Preview.app), the resulting file lacks the bookmarks and metadata that
I provided in my original .fo file's fo:declarations/x:xmpmeta and
fo:bookmark-tree.  I haven't worked with postscript files much at all,
and I'm definitely new to the postscript generated by FOP, but is this
to be expected?

Thanks,
Joe

p.s. Trunk is really working well for me - breezing through files that
1.1 froze on.  I'm curious: Is there a plan to make a new stable
release anytime soon?

RE: Bookmarks, metadata stripped in postscript output

Posted by A Gian <a....@hotmail.com>.
According to http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/trunk/metadata.html   "Currently, XMP support is only available for PDF output." . However, It could always   be the case  that the webpage has not been updated. It is would be helpful, if you could provide an example fo file and output file.
Thanasis