Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Leon, Brian" <BL...@oakscape.com> on 2001/08/10 21:06:17 UTC

Modifying manifest files for EJB jars

Would it be possible for a future release on the <ejbbar> task to pass
strings of text that could be incorporated into the manifest file as header
items for each EJB jar file as it is compiled and jarred?

e.g. <ejbbar .... >
	<include ... />
	<manifest text="classpath: xxx.jar" />
	</ejbjar>

Brian

Re: build.xml and EJB

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.
Papo,

You don't say which ant tasks you are using for deployment of your webapp.
Binding your bean to a JNDI name is typically done in the deployment
descriptor using the <ejb-name> element, which isn't really much to do with
ant. I don't use the J2EE Reference Implementation for EJBs so I'm not that
clear on how you go about these tasks.

Conor

Posted by Kevin Duffey <ke...@home.com>.
Binding ejb to JNDI is done in the web.xml of your web-app. You add:

    <ejb-ref>
      <ejb-ref-name>ejb/EJBName</ejb-ref-name>
      <ejb-ref-type>Session</ejb-ref-type>
      <home>yourpackage.EJBHome</home>
      <remote>yourpackage.EJBRemote</remote>
    </ejb-ref>

Replace the EJBName with the name of the EJB ref you want to get in your
servlet or JSP. Replace EJBHome and EJBRemote with the names of your home
and remote ejb class names.

Happy coding.

build.xml and EJB

Re: Modifying manifest files for EJB jars

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.
Brian,

Yes, I think that will be possible. I have recently added that capability
to the <jar> task. The next step will be to pull some of the <jar> code out
into some sort of jar service in the Ant core and then connect ejbjar up to
that.

Conor