Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "krishna.arani" <ar...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/22 20:48:26 UTC

problem with AXis2 Wsdl2java ADB Code generator

Hi,
The last message was not getting posted to mailing list so I again posting
again. sorry If it causes any problem.
In my rpc/literal style webservice, I have a <wsdl:message> element with
multiple parts in it.  One of the part can be nullable. The problem is the
generated ADB from wsdl2java throws an exception if the part is null while
serialising to xml.

      <wsdl:message name="TryGetByKeyTenantResponse">
      <wsdl:part name="orderKey" type="na:OrderKey" />
      <wsdl:part name="entity" type="ys:TenantValue" />
      </wsdl:message>

here the "entity" can be null. so it is expected that the soap response to
have

<s5:entity xsi:nil="1" xmlns:s5="http://www.syndesis.com/ys/intf"

xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"/>

But the generated ADB class throws an exception if entity is null.

If have moved these two element parts under another type and use that as
part it works by defining nillable="true" for the second element. But I dont
want to do this or change the message structure as other parties will have
to chage too. This was working fine with axis1.

any advice on how to go with this issue.
Thanks in advance.

-Krishna Arani

Re: problem with AXis2 Wsdl2java ADB Code generator

Posted by "krishna.arani" <ar...@gmail.com>.
I think I need to reword my question.

Basically I have a webservice with operation TrygetByKeyTenant, the respnse
of this has two message parts defined in wsdl as:

      <wsdl:message name="TryGetByKeyTenantResponse">
      	<wsdl:part name="orderKey" type="na:OrderKey" />
      	<wsdl:part name="entity" type="ys:TenantValue" />
      </wsdl:message>

As the name specify this will return the TenantValue if one is there with
the given key else the second part i.e (<wsdl:part name="entity" ....) is
going tobe null. so the client expect

<s5:entity xsi:nil="1" xmlns:s5="http://www.syndesis.com/ys/intf"

xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"/>

But the generated ADB Java class for TryGetByKeyTenantResponse throws
exception in serialise method if entity is null. I have just modified this
to return the xsi:nul="true" instead of throwing null it works fine. can
some one let me know how to get around this. Is there any option to specify
nil=true for the message parts?

Regards,
Krishna