Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Brian McBride <br...@epimorphics.com> on 2016/01/18 16:07:46 UTC

timeout= query parameter

If I use GET to query a Fuseki 2.3.1 SPARQL endpoint I can specify a
timeout=foo parameter in the request url.  The timeout for the query
will be set to foo, overriding a server timeout set in the Fuseki
configuration file.  This works even if there is no allowTimeoutOverride
set in the configuration.

I haven't found any documentation on the timeout= query parameter so I'm
not sure if this is intended behaviour.

I want an ability to override the configured timeout and I'd like to
know if I can rely on this behaviour.

I've found a couple of bits of code for processing an
allowTimeoutOverride property in the configuration file.  I'm wondering
if perhaps this should be reenabled.

I'd be happy to contribute as best I can, though I don't know my way
around this code.

Brian

--
Epimorphics Ltd, http://www.epimorphics.com
Registered address: Court Lodge, 105 High Street, Portishead, Bristol BS20 6PT

Re: timeout= query parameter

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 18/01/16 15:07, Brian McBride wrote:
> If I use GET to query a Fuseki 2.3.1 SPARQL endpoint I can specify a
> timeout=foo parameter in the request url.  The timeout for the query
> will be set to foo, overriding a server timeout set in the Fuseki
> configuration file.  This works even if there is no allowTimeoutOverride
> set in the configuration.
>
> I haven't found any documentation on the timeout= query parameter so I'm
> not sure if this is intended behaviour.
>
> I want an ability to override the configured timeout and I'd like to
> know if I can rely on this behaviour.
>
> I've found a couple of bits of code for processing an
> allowTimeoutOverride property in the configuration file.  I'm wondering
> if perhaps this should be reenabled.

Probably!  It would be a reasonable guess that it is commented out for a
reason but it looks like the right sort of thing.

SPARQL_Query
Builder

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JENA-218