Posted to user@openwebbeans.apache.org by Gernot <ge...@nurfuerspam.de> on 2011/07/27 14:21:03 UTC

Plugins & Tomcat

Is there somewhere any documentation about plugins?

concrete questions:
I use Tomcat 7, so I add the tomcat7plugin and add <Listener
className="org.apache.webbeans.web.tomcat.ContextLifecycleListener" />
to server.xml,
do I also have to add
<listener><listener-class>org.apache.webbeans.servlet.WebBeansConfigurationListener</listener-class></listener>
or does the ContextLifecycleListener the configuration stuff?

Which plugins are required for Tomcat (and JSF2)?

thx gernot

Re: Plugins & Tomcat

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
hi gernot,

first of all: welcome @ owb!

you don't need it, if you are using tomcat only. if you would like to use
the jee6 web-profile based on tomcat, you have to use the tomcat-plugin.
you can use for example the myfaces archetype:
mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeCatalog=http://myfaces.apache.org
(select #11) and you will get a hello world application with jsf2 + owb +
codi which works on servletcontainers like tomcat/jetty/...
(you just have to update the version numbers in the pom file, if you would
like to use the latest versions.)

regards,
gerhard

http://www.irian.at