Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by fr...@htp-tel.de on 2006/02/24 10:25:31 UTC

Some Questions about SingleSignOn Valve

Hi,
i?ve tried to use the SingleSignOn Valve which works fine for the Tomcat Host.
Now, i?d like to authentificate against an external (Apache) Application. My
questions:

1.: i found an article that ssoValve writes Cookies to store remoteUser
information. I searched for that Cookie which should be named something like
'JSESSIONIDSSO' but didn?t found anything. Is that Cookie always written or is
URLRewriting also used by Tomcat ?

2.: Then, i tried to store my own remoteUser information in a xml-file.
Therefore, i need to filter the j_security_check action. Unfortunately, my
Tomcat 5.0.28 does not filter the j_security_check, it seems to be exceptet
from the filterChain aaarrgh...
What are my options now ? How do i put SessionID and remoteUser into that file ?

I appreciate any suggestion, url, pdf etc that will help me out.