Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Zaheed Haque <za...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/28 21:56:09 UTC

Nutch JSF front-end code submission - Please advice next steps?

Hello all:

Last year for a client together with some developers and a lot of help
from Andrzej Bialecki,  I worked on a Nutch search frontend. The
web-application uses JSF/My Faces and it uses maven for build. Its a
full working user interface as of (rev. 478619)  has all the bells and
whistles themes, settings etc.

The client project has now ended (It was an Election search engine)
and it is now possible for me to submit the code to Apache, off course
under apache license.

Its been about a month I been trying to find time to make the
necessary changes so that I could submit the code. Due to enormous
amount of work load I am unable to find the time. I am not sure how
should I proceed, I have personally try to contact some of you off
list. (Which I thought might be interested as they discuss more web
apps related issue on the list ). But seems like everyone is busy. So
I am trying my last effort here. I would love someone do something
with the code rather then it becomes obsolete.

I have a working version up and running with nutch rev. 478619.
furthermore AB was invloved during the project I am sure he will be
able to answer if there are things that I can't answer.

What should I do? I would appreciate your advice.

Regards.
Zaheed

Re: Nutch JSF front-end code submission - Please advice next steps?

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
Zaheed Haque wrote:
> Its been about a month I been trying to find time to make the
> necessary changes so that I could submit the code. Due to enormous
> amount of work load I am unable to find the time. I am not sure how
> should I proceed, I have personally try to contact some of you off
> list. (Which I thought might be interested as they discuss more web
> apps related issue on the list ). But seems like everyone is busy. So
> I am trying my last effort here. I would love someone do something
> with the code rather then it becomes obsolete.

For a start, please attach it to an issue in Jira, as-is, so that it is
not lost.

Doug