Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Kathryn Kleinschafer <ka...@rheel.co.nz> on 2008/07/10 03:49:45 UTC

spam getting through because of bayes confidence

Hi all,

I have some spam coming into the system that seems to be only going to a
couple of domains.
The bayes confidence is 0-1% for the spam so it is getting a -2.6. It is
hitting on the following rules
-2.60 	BAYES_00 	Bayesian spam probability is 0 to 1%
-0.19 	CRM114_CHECK
2.17 	DCC_CHECK 	Listed in DCC (http://rhyolite.com/anti-spam/dcc/)
0.00 	DIGEST_MULTIPLE 	Message hits more than one network digest check
0.50 	KAM_LOTTO1 	Likely to be a e-Lotto Scam Email
0.50 	RAZOR2_CHECK 	Listed in Razor2 (http://razor.sf.net/)
1.96 	RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET 	Received via a relay in bl.spamcop.net
2.08 	SUBJ_ALL_CAPS 	Subject is all capitals

The subject line is always REMINDER NOTIFICATION

In order to get it recognised as spam am I best to have a custom rule
for the subject line?
If so can someone tell me what the rule might look like (i have never
written custom rules)

Many thanks
Kate

Re: spam getting through because of bayes confidence

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
On 10.07.08 13:49, Kathryn Kleinschafer wrote:
> I have some spam coming into the system that seems to be only going to a
> couple of domains.
> The bayes confidence is 0-1% for the spam so it is getting a -2.6. It is
> hitting on the following rules
> -2.60 	BAYES_00 	Bayesian spam probability is 0 to 1%

> The subject line is always REMINDER NOTIFICATION
>
> In order to get it recognised as spam am I best to have a custom rule
> for the subject line?
> If so can someone tell me what the rule might look like (i have never
> written custom rules)

I guess you should more look at your Bayes DB to see why it thinks the
message is clear...

"They say when you play that M$ CD backward you can hear satanic messages."
"That's nothing. If you play it forward it will install Windows."

Re: spam getting through because of bayes confidence

Posted by Matthias Leisi <ma...@leisi.net>.

Re: spam getting through because of bayes confidence

Posted by Kathryn Kleinschafer <ka...@rheel.co.nz>.
Hi Jared,

Thanks for the help. I have made the file LOCALK.cf in my
/etc/mail/spamassassin/ folder and run spamassassin --lint (no errors)
However when I test the message it is not hitting the rule.
Am I supposed to reload a service or is there something else I have missed?

Thanks
Kate

--

Kate Kleinschafer
Internet Services

/A division of Rheel Electronics Ltd /
Phone +64-3-386 3070 Fax +64-3-386-3071
Mobile +64-21-386-394

email: kate@rheel.co.nz
www.getrheel.co.nz

This e-mail together with any attachments is confidential, may be
subject to legal privilege and may contain proprietary information,
including information protected by copyright. If you are not the
intended recipient, please do not copy, use or disclose this e-mail;
please notify us immediately by return e-mail and then delete this e-mail.

Re: spam getting through because of bayes confidence

Posted by Kathryn Kleinschafer <ka...@rheel.co.nz>.
Sorry not sure what I was doing wrong before but it is hitting now.

Thanks
Kate

Posted by Jared Hall <jh...@tbi.net>.

Posted by Sahil Tandon <sa...@tandon.net>.
Kathryn Kleinschafer <ka...@rheel.co.nz> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have some spam coming into the system that seems to be only going to a
> couple of domains.

[...]

Guide on writing SA rules: http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/WritingRules

--