Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Per Moeller <pm...@stripe.dk> on 2000/12/08 15:03:58 UTC

Protecting the soucecode

Hi,

My boss is constantly complaining about, that the sourcecode for mod_perl
script can be read, copied and altered by 3rd party hosting partners for our
solutions based on mod_perl.

So my question is, are there any way to encrypt or compile mod_perl script,
so that they cannot be view by anybody?

// Per Moeller

RE: Protecting the soucecode

Posted by John Reid <jr...@openconnect.co.uk>.
Hi

Stas Answered this last May
http://www.bitmechanic.com/mail-archives/modperl/May1999/0249.html

You could also try RJ's Perl Obfuscator (first result from Google searching
for perl obfuscator)

I haven't tried either of these. We usually print the source code and post
it to ourselves via registered mail, one script per envelope. These should
then be deposited at a bank, lawyer, or similar. In the event of a dispute,
the print out is admisible in court as evidence. We haven't used it yet, but
songwriters use the same system.

John Reid
OpenConnect (Ireland) Ltd

---