Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/07 12:11:38 UTC

[FlexJS]HTTP events

I’m working on full event handling for HTTP requests. Most of the events should work the same for both Flash and JS. The primary exception is security events. Browsers do not differentiate between general connection errors and CORS (i.e. security) errors. There’s no way to examine the request to know why it failed.

There’s two ways we can handle the difference between Flash and Browser behaviors:
1. We can dispatch specific events for SECURITY and IO errors in Flash, while dispatching a single error event for JS.
2. We can dispatch a single “CONNECTION_ERROR” event for all platforms no matter what the reason.

I’m leaning towards doing it the second way for cross-platform simplicity sake. If someone wants to handle IO and SECURITY errors differently on the Flash side, they can use conditional compiling.

Any objections?

Harbs