Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Brian Akins <br...@akins.org> on 2009/03/02 14:34:05 UTC

Re: patch for handling headers_in and headers_out as tables in mod_lua

On 2/28/09 8:37 PM, "Brian McCallister" <br...@skife.org> wrote:

>> It could be just:
>>    apr_hash_set(dispatch, "document_root", APR_HASH_KEY_STRING,
>>                 makefun(&req_content_encoding_field, APL_REQ_FUNTYPE_STRING,
>>                         p));

Also, couldn't we build the dispatch has once, and only once, and then just
associated it with each apache2.request?  This seems more efficient than
building this array every time.  It would also be nice to use a dispatch
hash for "setters" as well.

--Brian

Re: patch for handling headers_in and headers_out as tables in mod_lua

Posted by Brian McCallister <br...@skife.org>.

--
Please forgive typos, sent from phone.

On Mar 2, 2009, at 5:34 AM, Brian Akins <br...@akins.org> wrote:

> On 2/28/09 8:37 PM, "Brian McCallister" <br...@skife.org> wrote:
>
>>> It could be just:
>>>    apr_hash_set(dispatch, "document_root", APR_HASH_KEY_STRING,
>>>                 makefun(&req_content_encoding_field,
>>> APL_REQ_FUNTYPE_STRING,
>>>                         p));
>>

> Also, couldn't we build the dispatch has once, and only once, and
> then just
> associated it with each apache2.request?  This seems more efficient
> than
> building this array every time.  It would also be nice to use a
> dispatch
> hash for "setters" as well.

Agreed. I'm thinking we can store the dispatch tables on the server
conf, that way we can allow them to be modified.