Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Yu, Yanhui" <ya...@pioneer.com> on 2002/04/03 17:39:02 UTC

visual Struts editor

Arron,

I am new to Struts but I have been following the emails on this list for a
while so I think you may be a good candidate for me to post this question:

We use WSAD here and the developers like the Designer it comes with that
provides gui interfaces, so the developers can see where is this button and
where is that table when developing a JSP page.  Now we are trying to use
Struts,  WSAD's Designer is not Struts-aware, i.e., the Designer would show
all the Struts buttons/all tags as a small red icon without any labels and
so it is difficult to recognize where the buttons/components are.  The
developers have to edit the source code (just like using a TextPad or
Notepad).  My question is, does any one out there who can recommend us an
editing tool that would recognize Struts buttons and such, so our developers
can visually see what is on where in the JSP page during the developing
stage?

Thank you all very much in advance for any suggestion,
Yanhui

Re: visual Struts editor

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/doc/ultradev4-doc/intro.html

may be of some use.

Some Page Designers also prefer Velocity Templates to JSPs, since the
Velocity markup works well in GUI editors.

http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/index.html

There is a Velocity Extension so that it works as well with Struts as
JSPs.

-- Ted Husted, Husted dot Com, Fairport NY US
-- Developing Java Web Applications with Struts
-- Tel: +1 585 737-3463
-- Web: http://husted.com/about/services

Struts vs. other Framworks.....

Posted by K J <to...@yahoo.com>.
I hope this is a proper question for this group...

We�re in the process of choosing a presentation-tier
framework. We�re debating between Struts and WebWorks.
 I would like to get your opinions and thoughts on
which one is better and why?

This is a large company and the application is pretty
UI-intensive. We will be writing new code and
converting old code into this framwork.  The general
understand is that the underlying implementation of
WebWorks is slightly better and less complex, but you
don�t get as much support and awareness using
WebWorks.

Your thoughts?