Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Abhinav Jain <ab...@oracle.com> on 2020/03/09 19:25:21 UTC

Regarding Shared link

Hi,

I’m trying to get a shared link using the rest API’s without going to the User Interface. Is there a way I can retrieve the shared link generated by guacamole for sharing connection by just using REST or JAVA APIs?

When I’m using the rest it seems I need to visit the connection using the browser to make it active. Is there a way I can do it programmatically?

Thanks,
AJ

Re: Regarding Shared link

Posted by mrnetman <3g...@gmail.com>.
helo,how to genernate share conneection link at last?

Re: Regarding Shared link

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Mar 9, 2020 at 3:28 PM Abhinav Jain <ab...@oracle.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I’m trying to get a shared link using the rest API’s without going to the
> User Interface. Is there a way I can retrieve the shared link generated by
> guacamole for sharing connection by just using REST or JAVA APIs?

Yes, pretty much everything is done via the REST API, including starting
connection sharing.  I suggest looking in the browser's developer console
when you do this to see the specific API calls that are made to start
connection sharing.

> When I’m using the rest it seems I need to visit the connection using the
> browser to make it active. Is there a way I can do it programmatically?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean, here.  In the current (1.1.0) version
of Guacamole client, connection sharing must be started by the primary user
who is accessing the connection - so, they launch the connection, then they
go into the menu and select one of the sharing profiles, and get a URL for
sharing the connection.  In the background what this does is generate a
random authentication key that is used to access that (and only that)
connection, so that someone else can use that URL and share the connection
without needing to authenticate to the Guacamole Client web application.

Some changes have been added into the git repo that will allow
administrative users to have shared access to currently open connections,
but these changes have not been released, yet.

-Nick