Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Sean McCauliff <se...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/13 22:14:26 UTC

Logging previous messages based on current messages?

What I would like to do is to have some kind of filter that will
filter log messages less than ERROR, but when an ERROR happens I would
like the previous N messages emitted to the log.  Is there a way to do
that?  If not then what would be the steps to implement that
functionality?

Thanks,
Sean

Re: Logging previous messages based on current messages?

Posted by Sean McCauliff <se...@gmail.com>.
Yes that JIRA ticket describes exactly what I want and why I want it.

Sean

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
Sure, why not?

Ralph