Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by Adam Feuer <ad...@starcat.io> on 2019/12/27 00:24:03 UTC

getting NSH console to listen to a particular UART?

Hi,

Just restating the subject line for clarity.

The SAMA5D36-Xplained has an on-chip debug serial port, the DBGU. That port
board boots NuttX and the NSH console works. The SAMA5D27-XULT board has a
DEBUG port, but it appears to be connected to the SAMA5D27's UART2 via a
factory programmed AT32UC3A4256HHB
<http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/Atmel-44028-32-bit-Cortex-A5-Microprocessor-SAMA5D2-Xplained-Ultra_User-Guide.pdf>
.

I can compile and boot NuttX on the SAMA5D27-XULT if I disable the DBGU.

In the menuconfig system I looked for a way to get an NSH prompt on UART2,
but didn't find it. Is there a way to do that? If so, how? Or can I put an
NSH prompt on a USB interface?

cheers
adam
--
Adam Feuer <ad...@starcat.io>

Re: getting NSH console to listen to a particular UART?

Posted by Adam Feuer <ad...@starcat.io>.
Thanks for the help! And I'll keep trying with the UART1 for now.

-adam

Posted by Gregory Nutt <sp...@gmail.com>.