Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Canivet, Guillaume" <Gu...@experian.com.INVALID> on 2019/01/17 17:28:57 UTC

Maven High memory usage (12G) and big dependencyManagement section (4000 entry)

Hi,

Here is my... probleme...

I have a root aggregator with a large amount of modules. (around 1600 modules )
All module have the same parent (1.0).
That parent is importing a pom (1.0) with a huge dependencyManagement section (4000 entries).

When doing a mvn install (on the root aggregator)   I will consume around 6G to 8G. (kind of expected)

Now I just perform some modification of several modules (5 modules) for a release.
Those modules use a new version of the parent(1.2-SNAPSHOT).
The parent use a new version of the pom (1.2-SNAPSHOT) with a huge dependencyManagement section.

When doing a mvn install (on the root aggregator) I consume around 12G to 14G.
When doing a mvn install (on the root aggregator with the pl option on the 5 modules) I also consume around 12G to 14G.

Now I am really scare for my next release (will I consume an extra 6G for each different version of the parent?), any idea on how to solve this?

Note: It seems that if all the module of the root aggregator are using the same parent version  memory will remain stable.

Thanks for any tips
Guillaume

Information in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential, and may not be copied or used by anyone other than the addressee, nor disclosed to any third party without our permission. There is no intention to create any legally binding contract or other binding commitment through the use of this electronic communication unless it is issued in accordance with the Experian Limited standard terms and conditions of purchase or other express written agreement between Experian Limited and the recipient. Although Experian has taken reasonable steps to ensure that this communication and any attachments are free from computer viruses, you are advised to take your own steps to ensure that they are actually virus free.

Experian Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Companies Act information: Registered name: Experian Limited. Registered office: The Sir John Peace Building, Experian Way, NG2 Business Park, Nottingham, NG80 1ZZ, United Kingdom. Place of registration: England and Wales. Registered number: 653331.

Vos informations nominatives sont exploitées par la société Scorex S.A.M. (Groupe Experian)  dans le cadre du traitement ayant pour finalité "Gestion de la messagerie électronique professionnelle". Conformément à la loi n° 1.165, modifiée, vous disposez d'un droit d'accès, de rectification et de suppression en écrivant au Secrétariat Général de la société Scorex, sise, 2, rue de la Lüjerneta à Monaco (98000).

Your personal information is used by Scorex S.A.M. (Experian Group) as part of the processing for the purpose of "Professional e-mail management". In accordance with the law n ° 1.165, modified, you have a right of access, correction and suppression by writing to the General Secretariat of the company, located, 2, rue de la Lüjerneta in Monaco (98000).

Re: Maven High memory usage (12G) and big dependencyManagement section (4000 entry)

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
thinking at it: which Maven version are you using?

Did you try Maven 3.6.0? There was a cache added in MNG-6311 that could
perhaps help.

Regards,

Hervé

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.