Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by lynnaj <lj...@williams.edu> on 2020/06/16 16:02:59 UTC

Server specifcations?

Hello All -

I can't seem to find anything recent online about Guacamole server
specifications/recommendations.

What size/type of server(s) are you running this on and for how many
concurrent connections? How much memory? How many and what types of CPU(s)?
How much disk space? How much network bandwidth?

What am I missing?

Thank you.
- Lynna Jackson, Williams College

Re: Server specifcations?

Posted by jh...@att.net.
On 6/17/20 8:59 PM, Nick Couchman wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 5:55 PM <jhubbslist@att.net
> <ma...@att.net>> wrote:
>
>     Ah!  The lagginess suggests the presence of a buffer. I'll figure
>     out how to disable that; thanks.
>

> You can find proxy instructions for Guacamole here:
>
> http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/proxying-guacamole.html
>
> -Nick

Nick, disabling that buffering in nginx made all the difference; thank you.

Re: Server specifcations?

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 5:55 PM <jh...@att.net> wrote:

> Ah!  The lagginess suggests the presence of a buffer. I'll figure out how
> to disable that; thanks.

You can find proxy instructions for Guacamole here:

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/proxying-guacamole.html

-Nick

Re: Server specifcations?

Posted by jh...@att.net.
Ah!  The lagginess suggests the presence of a buffer. I'll figure out
how to disable that; thanks.

- Jeff

Re: Server specifcations?

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.

Re: Server specifcations?

Posted by Peter De Tender <pe...@pdtit.be>.
Hi Jeff,

This is a question that's come up a few times.

In the half-dozen installations I have this fits in with my experience too. As far as I'm aware no-one has expressed any contrary view.

With regard to disk sizing, I generally run my installations as a VM with dynamic sizing up to ~20GB. Most use less than 3GB in practice.

Network bandwidth is more difficult to determine, it will depend upon a number of factors around what it is your users are doing, and how you have things set up. There have been various discussions on this too; I suggest having a look at the mailing list referenced above as you may find someone with a use-case similar to yours. This thread may be helpful as a start: http://apache-guacamole-general-user-mailing-list.2363388.n4.nabble.com/Viewing-active-connections-while-using-user-mapping-xml-td7844.html#a7861

RE: Server specifcations?

Re: Server specifcations?

Posted by ivanmarcus <iv...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.