Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Kirchhoff, Lars" <La...@wincor-nixdorf.com> on 2002/12/10 10:50:21 UTC

i18n transformer and serializer charset

Hello

I'm currently trying to create an application, which should be running
in english, german, thai and several other asian languages.
The i18n transformer is working correctly, but to display the characters
in the correct manner it is needed to use the specific charset in the meta
tag of html.
Therefore I tried to setup the sitemap with different serializers according
the different languages and tried to use the locale variable to select one
of the serializers. But this doesn't work.

here are some snippets of my sitemap:

Posted by Konstantin Piroumian <kp...@apache.org>.
From: "Kirchhoff, Lars" <La...@wincor-nixdorf.com>

> Hello
>
> I'm currently trying to create an application, which should be running
> in english, german, thai and several other asian languages.
> The i18n transformer is working correctly, but to display the characters
> in the correct manner it is needed to use the specific charset in the meta
> tag of html.
> Therefore I tried to setup the sitemap with different serializers
according
> the different languages and tried to use the locale variable to select one
> of the serializers. But this doesn't work.
>
> here are some snippets of my sitemap:

Why don't you use UTF-8 for all the languages? That works in the Cocoon 2.1
i18n sample for such languages as Japanese, Chinese and Korean (and many
others).

>  <map:act type="locale">
>    <map:serialize type="html_{locale}" label="debug"/>
>  </map:act>

I'm not sure that this is supported. Are you using the compiled sitemap
engine or interpreted?

> ----- code -------------------------
>
> At first is this possible at all? As far as I read the documentation or
the
> mailling list archives I could find anything.
> At second is it possible to get the http request paramater oder session
> parameter in the sitemap.

You can easily get either request parameters, request and session attributes
in the sitemap using input modules from the latest release, e.g.:

<map:parameter name="locale" value="request-param:locale" />

See Input modules sample (/samples/module) in C2.1 for details.

Konstantin